Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Sticky Buns






The recipe this week for Tuesday With Dorie was sticky buns. OMG are they good.
They took two days, a lot of butter, a hardworking Kitchen Aid, and some patience but I guess that's what sticky buns are about.
It all starts with a brioche dough (lots of butter), a rise (I used the proof mode on my oven because I had to go to work), a rest in the fridge (it got a little harder than I thought it would and didn't really rise more like other people's).
Also, I didn't roll it out quite enough and after I trimmed the edges and cut a couple too wide, I only ended up with twelve buns. A couple even tried to escape out of their rolls when put in the oven. The glaze was slightly harder than I would have liked but just a little flavor in your teeth to savor later.
I wish I could figure this whole blogging thing out (links, renaming links, moving around my photos) but I'm sure I will eventually. I just don't have a lot of time on my hands obviously. I'm off to fold laundry, clean house, and prep dinner before my beautiful little monkeys wake up from their naps. Oh yeah, and try to squeeze in a shower.

12 comments:

PheMom said...

Good job! Glad you loved them too!

Rebecca of "Ezra Pound Cake" said...

Gorgeous! These things should come with a warning.

Rebecca
http://www.ezrapoundcake.com

Jacque said...

They look awesome... just like Dorie's!

mimi said...

lovely sticky buns, they came out looking great!

Engineer Baker said...

Oh darn, bigger sticky buns :)

Sarah said...

Ohmygosh, those things look SO GOOD! Now I'm going to be craving YOUR sticky buns all day because I could never find some that would taste as amazing as yours!

noskos said...

Great looking buns!!!

The Kitchen Vixen said...

I'm going to be the first one to say it because I cant stop laughing...Does no one else notice the resemblence to a certain part of the male anatomy in the picture with the measuring tape?!

bwahahahahh!

They look really great thought!

LyB said...

These did take a while to make but they were so worth it! Yours look delicious!

Mari said...

Nice job!

ostwestwind said...

Gorgeous looking buns. Great job!
Ulrike from Küchenlatein

Jayne said...

Kitchen Vixen - glad I'm not the only one who noticed that!!