Tuesday, June 3, 2008

French Brownies



I knew I should have left those raisins out. I was kind of thinking they might meld into the brownie. I don't really like raisins but am not seriously opposed, so I decided to give it a try. I didn't have any rum so I subbed Kahlua which of course doesn't have enough alcohol to ignite so I burned of the alcohol by briefly boiling the raisins, Kahlua, and water which is the reason for igniting the rum I think.
This was a really easy recipe. The batter was delicious but the raisins added a strange chew in the middle of a really GOOD brownie.-+And then there's the strawberry icecream. It's all I had and it's Tuesday afternoon.

7 comments:

Rebecca of "Ezra Pound Cake" said...

You can tweak these recipes any way you like. It looks like more than half of us left the raisins out. But strawberry ice cream ... yessss.

Rebecca
http://www.ezrapoundcake.com

Christine said...

I did strawberry ice cream too! Great job!

Jaime said...

sorry you didn't care for the raisins much. i used cherries and though they were nice. any kind of ice cream sounds good w/brownies, to me! :)

Mari said...

Strawberry ice cream + chocolate brownies = dreamy dessert!

Gretchen Noelle said...

Kahlua sounds great in a brownie, but I agree that the raisins are a strange addition!

Susie Homemaker said...

I didn't like the idea of raisins...so I substituted strawberries. i commend you for making the recipe as Dorie did, though! Nice job!

Sharon said...

That is what I was scared of, so I left out the raisens.