Friday, May 16, 2008

Horton

A lot of people will think this is weird but at the age of 36 I have discovered how great libraries are. I grew up in a very small town and the only library was the one at school and it was not spectacular to say the least. When we first moved to
Whitefish, I had a library card but took some books back late and then was scared to go back because I was afraid they'd want money.
Well, I finally went back because Lucy absolutely loves books and I can't keep buying them. Some children's books are a little spendy. It's been great and I've even been getting books for myself. I know, at 36.
So anyway, we got Horton Hatches the Egg. We read it a few times and one day we were out walking around and Lucy picked up a few river rocks. One really flat one and later on I discovered she was carrying it around and then sitting on it. Even putting it under her bumm in her car seat. She's keeping it warm and waiting for it to hatch. We're trying to figure out a way to make it hatch.
Kids sure are hilarious.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

HAHAHAHA!!! Randy and I got a good laugh from that story! We can just picture Lucy trying to hatch a rock! You have some pretty cute kids! Quite entertaining! Let us know if the rock ever hatches.:)
Do you have any good books you'd like to recommend?