Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Fluted Polenta and Ricotta Tart




I was curious about this cake. It is a recipe I would never consider making. I don't have a 10 1/2 tart pan and was not willing to drag my two young children into Bed Bath and Beyond 15 miles from here to buy a new tart pan. It just so happens that sometime last year I got a wild hair to make an upside down peach cake and HAD (I'm sure you all understand) to order this pan. So I made it in the cake pan and I'm glad I did. No overflowing.


Anyway, I was pretty skeptical. I wasn't so sure about spending money to make this cake that I was fairly certain we wouldn't like. Figs? Ricotta? Polenta?


It was awesome! Loved it.


This is why I love the whole idea of Tuesday with Dorie. And I cannot wait for the peanut butter torte. :):)

7 comments:

Cheryl said...

I was just the same way! I thoroughly expected to hate it, but it was sooooo good!

Jayne said...

I thought I'd like it, but I never expected to like it SO much!

Gretchen Noelle said...

So funny that so many thought the same way. I am not a huge fan of the different parts but I had a good feeling about this one. I like how it turned out!

Rebecca of "Ezra Pound Cake" said...

Glad you liked it! We're holding out for Peanut Butter Torte over here. ;)

Rebecca
http://www.ezrapoundcake.com

CB said...

Glad you liked it! Way to improvise on the cake pan :)
Clara @ I♥food4thought

Mari said...

I felt the same and I'm so glad that I made it after all!

LyB said...

I loved this recipe too, surprisingly! Yours looks delicious!