Wednesday, June 11, 2008

STRAWBERRY TART


Once again I wasn't all that excited about this tart. And once again I was surprised. I've never seen creme fraiche around here so a couple of days before I was going to serve the tart I made some. The crust was very easy and Dorie's suggestion about baking it fully worked for me because I actually forgot it was still in the oven when I started to smell it and had to run through the house to take it out. But when I cut it, it didn't crumble at all. I sliced my strawberries, tossed in a little sugar, a quick turn of pepper, and a dash of kirsch. I found some jam in the pantry, assembled the little slices and served to the company I had over topped with a little creme fraiche and got rave reviews. My husband ate three pieces raving the whole time about the creme fraiche. He's a pretty big fan of all things cream and butter. Very delicious and easy.

4 comments:

Rebecca of "Ezra Pound Cake" said...

Your tart looks delicious! Glad it came together so easily for you. ;)

Rebecca
http://www.ezrapoundcake.com

Zakia / Avenue Z Desserts said...

glad you made it and liked it. i can never find creme fraiche either

Shari@Whisk: a food blog said...

Way to go making your own creme fraiche. It's not that hard, and tastes delicious with this tart.
Shari@Whisk: a food blog

Jaime said...

beautiful tart! it was so simple and surprisingly delightful, wasn't it?